Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Dream Home

Since two years, I have been searching for a nice house plan (1960 Sq. ft.) which is not regular and which is most suitable to our needs. I have seen various styles of plans right from Classical American, European to Southern styles but I could not be satisfied.

Finally after discussing with my family members, I decided to have a combination plan of different styles. I consulted an architect who can draw a tailor made plan based on our needs. Though he has experience in regular plans, he could not give a plan that we are expecting. Then what to do now?

My son searched the web for the online companies who can deliver tailor made plans. In fact he is successful in finding nearly a dozen websites regarding that. It’s really refreshing that I can have a wide choice at a time when I’m getting compromised.

We consulted ten of them and satisfied with some of the plans shown by them. Now the problem is which one to chose. Selecting a house plan involves many things, which will have their impact in the long run (like no. of family members and chances of growth, the climate, the surroundings, the geography, security, extension in future, other options like renting or housing an office..)

Finally, we selected a beautiful plan, which could use every inch of the area and be our sweet home in a couple of months.

No comments: