Advantages of Dental Implants over Dentures
Following are the advantages of having dental implants:
- More natural look and feel: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanently fixed. It gives more natural feel and look.
- Improved facial appearance: When you lose tooth or teeth, your jawbone starts shrinking that makes your face look older. Dentures and bridges result in loss of jawbone and facial muscles to sag. Dental implants can overcome this problem.
- A permanent solution: There is no question of cavities or dental decay with dental implants. No loose parts and no need to worry about its getting lost. Many patients feel that the dental implants are like natural teeth. Dental implants have 95% success rate with no adjustments required after placement.
- Gives better stability: Dental implants gives better stability as they are permanently fixed in place and do not move around like dentures do. You can solve the problem of struggling with dentures that are frequently moving out of place by replacing them with dental implants.
- Supports bone health: If you have missing tooth or teeth, over a time your jawbone will shrink even if you use dentures or bridges. As dental implants are integrated in jawbone, it prevents the jawbone from getting shrink and deteriorates, thus keeping your jaw healthy and strong.
- Last longer/Reliability: Dentures needs to be replaced after some period whereas, dental implants may last for 40 years or more than that. For cleaning dentures, you need to remove them and clean which can lead them to getting loose and can be broken. In case of dental implants, as they are fixed in place and are like natural teeth, it has longer lifespan when comparing with dentures. Dental implants are worth spending money in long run.
- Easy to clean: Dentures required to be removed from the mouth for cleaning whereas, dental implants can be cleaned in the same way as your natural teeth which means you can follow the same oral hygiene routine.