- First, let us see the different parts in the E-Z test cup. The specially designed cup consists of cup like container in which the testing cup resides, a lid and a key at its center. The front side of the cup, which is curved consists of the urine cup label, temperature strip and the back side of the cup which is flat has the transparent cover, peel off label and the test card.
- Coming to the procedure of the test, first you have to remove the key, which is present at the center of the lid. Twist it from the center and remove it. Now pull the tab of the lid and open the cap. Keep that key with you.
- Collect the urine specimen from the donor and close the lid by pressing it into the cup until the click sound is heard.
- Once the lid is closed you can put a security seal which contains the date of specimen collection and the name of the donor.
- Now you can insert the key into the side of the cup and push it, so that it goes in properly.
- You can now peel off the label to view the test results.
- Read the results exactly at 5 minutes after inserting the key.
- If the test cup includes adulteration test, read the adulteration results between 3-5 minutes.
- Follow the instruction to interpret the results of the test. If you get positive results, confirm them by sending the sample to the laboratory.
Monday, January 9, 2012
How to Use E-Z Split Key Cup for Conducting Urine Drug tests
Integrated E-Z split key cups are specially designed devices to detect the presence of drug metabolites in the collected urine sample. The special construction of the device enables a convenient way of specimen collection. It consists of a drug screening cup which shows the results of the conducted drug test. Many people are still confused with the normal multi-panel drug test cups and to those of integrated E-Z multi-panel drug test cups. The difference between the both is their construction and in the way the tests are conducted. Hence, in order to find the difference we need to look at the procedure of conducting the test. Here it goes.