- Use security softwares which updates automatically. Don't use trial versions of anti virus softwares, they may expires after certain period of time.
- Use anti-spyware software that prevents unnecessary online adds. Enable cookie management options that gives a chance to accept or reject cookies. Use anti-phishing software tools that restrict access to specific websites.
- Use different emails for different purposes. For example use one email for friends and family and separate pme when you fill in forms as you shop or conduct other transactions online.
- Use email encrypt softwares so that there is no chance of reading your mail by the intruders.
- Change your passwords at least every three months.
- Use different passwords for different sites that can remembered by simple formula.
- Read privacy policies: Read privacy policies provided by the websites when you visit this for the first time.
- Most of the major authentication seals offer a link to a page on the seal provider's site, then we can comeback to the website.
- Back up important files: No system is completely secure. So Copy important files onto a disc and store them in a safe place.